THE RULES ARE SUPER EASY:
- write about baseball on the third Thursday of every month this season. if you're stumped, check out our prompts. if you're not stumped, we wanna read what you have too!
- use the button! or just link back to me + Allison (WE CAN DO ALL THE SOCIAL MEDIAS TOO!)
- link up!
- April 16th : pick your pretend fantasy team!
- Only pick players who are currently on a major league roster
- Choose 8 players for your starting lineup, 5 starting pitchers, and 2-3 relievers??
- I believe there should be a constitutional amendment against the Designated Hitter (name that movie for bonus points..) so just don't draft them. or lose points at a position. #sorryboutcha AL.
- the rules are made up + the points don't matter
- May 21st : favorite ballpark(s)? Why?
- June 18th : All-Star picks and predictions
- July 16th : best promotions and theme nights, or what promos/themes would you plan for your team?
- August 20th : if I was commissioner...
- September 17th : favorite baseball books + movies (I can't promise I'll like you more if you pick Casey at the Bat..... but I can't promise you I won't.....)
- October 15th : recap your fantasy team, share favorite moments, season highlights, fun stories, update your World Series Predictions.
NOW that that is out of the way. Let's talk about my favorite ballparks. First of all. I saw plenty of games at Atlanta Fulton County before they tore it down, so I really liked that one. Obviously the Ted has been my home for quite some time, but I'm really excited to see what that new ballpark has to offer in 2017 too. I'm not so afraid of change, usually it's pretty exciting. HERE are a few not-so-obvious ballparks I also loved!
Okay. I didn't get along too well with Giants fans when I went to San Francisco, also it's colder than it ever should be, but MAN was AT&T cool. Call me old school, but I thought that the whole bleacher section was pretty neat. I like that it's not so official as your seats. You're out there in the out field taking in a ball game + you can catch home run balls if they don't go out into the bay without getting caught in your seat! ( I mean, wait what? who gets stuck in stadium seats that flip up? that's a ridiculous thing. definitely not me. I've definitely never gotten stuck.........)
|view from the bleachers!|
I've also been to Ranger's ballpark in Arlington, but it seems the only pictures I took there were after the game at the bar, so that's just not helpful at all! I'm hoping to get to at least two new MLB ballparks this summer. I did knock on MiLB park off the list so far, but since Jen is heading back up to Baltimore, I gotta go to a game at Camden Yards. Maybe I can even get up to Boston or something exciting like that? What's your favorite ballpark? Where should I go neeeext?