Okie dokie! I'm just the co-host, P.J. is the brains behind the operation, so here are the
- Write about baseball using the theme (or not) on the dates provided (or thereabout) from March-October. Just make it baseball!
- Use the button in your post somewhere (at the end or whatever) and link back to me + P.J.
- Go to one of our blogs the day this comes up (or thereafter) and linkup! The linkup will be "live" for a week after the date.
- Visit other blogs, read, comment, and make some new baseball pals!
- Have a cold beer (because let's be real, anything I'm involved in involves a cold beer...)
- March 17: Your favorite baseballism (saying, quote, jargon etc.)
- April 14: Best baseball memory
- May 12: Favorite ballpark (minor or major)
- June 16: The best promotion you’ve ever been to
- July 14: Dream baseball road trip
- August 18: A current rule you'd change
- September 15: Favorite player of all time
- October 20: Favorite tradition/superstitions
PROMOTIONS. Guys, that's what I miss most about my MiLB times. Yesterday facebook told me it had officially been too many years since we had a promotion for the Roller Derby + all dressed up like we were in the roller derby (my name was Delta SLAMMA' -- I still have the t-shirt) I also am a huge sucker for puns (see: me insisting on a May the 4th Be With You Star Wars night for every team I worked for)
I also really dig the promotions that incorporate a non-baseball activity into the day, like a pre-game 5K or post game concerts because then I can drag my non-baseball people to things with me, duh.
What are your favorite promotions? Or even better what promotions would you like to see? you're welcome in advance, baseball folks.